Hey there, fellow party enthusiast! Get ready to throw the ultimate shindig inspired by the heartwarming tale of Oliver & Company! Who said a birthday party couldn’t be a paw-some blast with our favorite streetwise kitty and his gang of furry friends? If you’re diving into the world of Oliver & Company for your celebration, we’ve got all the purr-fect party tips and ideas to make it a memorable and fun-filled event!
- New York City Skyline Backdrop: Capture the bustling vibes of NYC with a skyline backdrop. You can create your own with poster boards or snag one online to instantly transform your space.
- Paw-some Balloon Decor: Balloons are a must! Opt for a mix of red, blue, and yellow balloons to represent the vibrant energy of Oliver & Company. Don’t forget some adorable paw print balloons to sprinkle around the party area.
- Street Signage & Graffiti Decor: Craft or purchase street signs with iconic names from the movie like “Madison Avenue” or “6th Street.” Add graffiti-style decorations or posters featuring Oliver and his gang for an authentic NYC touch.
- Kitty Cat Ears and Collars: Invite your guests to dress the part by providing cat ears or collars for a fun, furry flair. Encourage them to embody their favorite characters from the movie!
- Subway Station Entrance: Create a DIY subway station entrance using large cardboard cutouts resembling an NYC subway entrance. Add graffiti art or movie-themed posters around this entrance to set the scene.
- Paw Print Pathway: Make a pathway leading to your party area using paw prints. You can draw these prints with washable chalk or create cutouts from construction paper to guide guests to the party zone.
- Cityscape Table Centerpieces: Craft or purchase mini cityscape centerpieces featuring iconic buildings from NYC. Use toy cars and figurines to bring the scene to life, giving your tables a vibrant and playful touch.
- Character Standees or Cutouts: Set up standees or life-size cutouts of Oliver, Dodger, and other characters from the movie. These can be placed strategically around the party area for photo ops and to add to the ambiance.
- Street Lamp Lighting: Incorporate street lamp-style lighting around the party space. You can use string lights and cover them with paper cutouts resembling street lamps or find novelty street lamp decorations online.
- Paw Print Banner or Bunting: Create a banner or bunting with paw prints strung across the walls or around the main party area. This simple yet thematic decoration adds a playful touch to the space.
- Puppy Pal Pals: Decorate with stuffed animal puppies and kittens. Scatter them around the party area, place them on tables, or use them as props for various party games.
- Movie Quote Posters: Print out memorable quotes from Oliver & Company and frame them as posters to hang on the walls. It’s a great way to bring the essence of the movie to your party decor.
Party Entertainment Ideas
- Petting Zoo or Animal Encounter: Bring the petting zoo vibes home! Consider hiring a local petting zoo or an animal encounter service to entertain kids with furry pals reminiscent of Oliver’s gang.
- Street Performers or Magicians: Recreate the lively street scenes from the movie by hiring street performers or magicians to engage and entertain your guests.
- Screening of Oliver & Company: Set up a cozy movie corner with cushions and blankets for a screening of the movie. It’s a perfect way to take a break and immerse everyone in the world of Oliver & Company.
Oliver & Company Party Games and Activities
- Find the Hidden Treasure Hunt: Organize a treasure hunt game around your party space. Hide paw print stickers or small trinkets and have the kids search for them just like Oliver on his adventures.
- Musical Paws: It’s a twist on musical chairs! Play musical paws by placing paw-shaped mats or cutouts on the floor. When the music stops, everyone has to find a paw to stand on.
- Character Impersonation Contest: Encourage kids to show off their best Oliver, Dodger, or Jenny impressions. Give out prizes for the most authentic or entertaining portrayal.
- Create Your Own Street Art: Set up a street art station where kids can channel their inner graffiti artists. Provide washable chalk or non-toxic spray paints for them to create colorful sidewalk art just like the graffiti in NYC.
- Kibble Toss Game: In this game, kids can toss small beanbags or plush bones into designated “kibble” bowls. Make it more challenging by varying the distances or assigning point values to different bowls.
- Character Scavenger Hunt: Hide plush toys or cutouts of Oliver & Company characters around the party area. Give the kids a list of characters to find and let them embark on a scavenger hunt adventure.
- Paw Print Relay Race: Create a relay race where kids follow a trail of paw prints, completing fun tasks at each station. Tasks can include hopping like a bunny, walking with a book on their head, or imitating animal sounds.
- Musical Cats: Similar to musical chairs, but instead of chairs, use cutouts of cat paws on the floor. When the music stops, kids have to find a paw to stand on. Remove a paw each round until you have a winner.
Party Foods and Drinks
- Hot Dogs, NYC Style: Serve up some classic New York hot dogs with all the fixings—mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions—for a street food feel.
- Oliver’s Fish Bowl: Create a sweet blue punch or a fruity beverage and serve it in fishbowl-style glasses. Add gummy fish for a fun touch!
- Paw Print Cookies: Bake sugar cookies and use paw-shaped cookie cutters to create Oliver-inspired treats. Let the kids decorate their own with colorful icing and toppings.
- Kitty-Cat Cupcakes: Top cupcakes with cat ear toppers or decorate them to resemble the characters from Oliver & Company. Use candy or fondant to create those adorable cat faces.
- Plush Cats or Dog Toys: Send guests home with their very own Oliver-inspired plush cat or dog toy. It’s a cute reminder of the paw-some time they had at the party!
- Paw Patrol Stickers and Tattoos: Load up on paw print stickers, tattoos, and themed goodies to give out as favors. Kids will love sporting their Oliver & Company-inspired swag.
- Mini DIY Pet Adoption Kit: Create mini adoption kits with small plush animals, a collar, and a “certificate of adoption” to let each child adopt their own furry friend.
Get ready to have a paw-sitively amazing Oliver & Company birthday bash! With these tips and ideas, your party is sure to be a hit among kids and adults alike. So, gather your little furballs and celebrate in true New York City style with Oliver & Company!
Psst… Don’t forget to capture the magical moments and share your #OliverAndCompanyBirthdayParty on social media for everyone to see the fun!