When it comes to throwing an unforgettable birthday bash, why not dive into the futuristic, action-packed world of Big Hero 6? Imagine Baymax, Hiro, and the gang bringing fun, innovation, and superhero vibes to your celebration! From decorations to activities and mouthwatering treats, here’s your ultimate guide to crafting a Big Hero 6 extravaganza that’ll have everyone shouting, “Ba-la-la-la-la!”
- San Fransokyo Transformation: Transform your party space into the iconic cityscape of San Fransokyo. Think skyscraper silhouettes, cityscape backdrops, and neon lights to capture the high-tech, urban feel of the movie. You can find cityscape backdrops like this San Fransokyo backdrop on Amazon.
- Baymax Balloons: No Big Hero 6 party is complete without adorable Baymax balloons floating around. You can either buy Baymax-themed balloons or get creative by crafting your own Baymax balloon characters using white balloons and black markers.
- Heroic Table Settings: Embrace the team’s colors—red, white, and purple—for your table settings. Use themed plates, cups, and napkins adorned with Big Hero 6 characters to give that extra superhero touch.
- DIY Hero Badges: Channel your inner Hiro by crafting personalized hero badges for all your guests. Use foam sheets or paper to cut out badges with their names and a Big Hero 6 symbol. It’s a great way to make everyone feel like part of the team!
- San Fransokyo Street Signs: Design street signs with iconic locations from the movie, like “Lucky Cat Café” or “San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.” It’s a cool way to add depth to your decorations and bring the movie’s setting to life.
- Microbot Wall Display: Create a stunning backdrop using silver or metallic-colored paper or foil cut into various sized circles. Arrange them in a flowing pattern reminiscent of the Microbots from the movie.
- Hero Emblem Banners: Design banners or posters featuring the emblems of each Big Hero 6 character. Hang them around the party area to showcase the team’s unity.
- San Fransokyo Skyline Silhouette: Craft a skyline silhouette of San Fransokyo using black paper or cardboard. Illuminate it with LED lights to simulate the city lights seen in the movie.
- Hiro’s Inventions Showcase: Set up a display table showcasing ‘inventions’ made by Hiro. Use cardboard, tubes, and craft supplies to create futuristic-looking gadgets and showcase them on the table.
- Floating Baymax Balloons: Create a floating Baymax display by attaching helium-filled balloons to a larger white balloon inflated to resemble Baymax’s body. Add paper or foam arms for an adorable effect.
Party Entertainment Ideas
- Meet Baymax: Whether it’s a hired costumed character or a DIY Baymax suit, having Baymax make an appearance will make the party soar! Prepare activities like a “Check-up Station” where kids can get their health ‘checked’ by Baymax.
- Hero Training Academy: Create stations with various superhero challenges inspired by the Big Hero 6 team. Think obstacle courses, laser tag, or a DIY ‘Honey Lemon’s Chemistry Lab’ where kids can concoct colorful potions.
- Hiro’s Workshop: Set up a craft station where kids can build their own “Microbots” using craft supplies like pipe cleaners, beads, and glue. It’s a creative way to let their imaginations run wild!
- Big Hero 6 Movie Screening: Have a cozy corner with bean bags or cushions where kids can relax and watch the Big Hero 6 movie. Add some popcorn and snacks to enhance the movie-watching experience.
- Superhero Photo Booth: Create a photo booth area with props and backdrops resembling scenes from the movie. Let the kids dress up as their favorite characters and strike their best superhero poses for memorable snapshots.
Big Hero 6 Party Games and Activities
- Microbot Relay Race: Divide kids into teams and have them race while carrying ‘Microbots’ (small balls) using chopsticks. The team that finishes first without dropping the ‘Microbots’ wins!
- Baymax Says: A fun twist on “Simon Says” where the leader gives commands in the style of Baymax. For example, “Baymax says: Inflate your arms like a balloon!”
- Create Your Super Suit: Set up a station with capes, masks, and craft supplies where kids can design their own superhero suits. Encourage them to unleash their creativity!
- Big Hero 6 Trivia: Test everyone’s Big Hero 6 knowledge with trivia questions about the characters, their abilities, and the movie plot. Prepare small prizes for those who ace the quiz!
- Pin the Microbot on Baymax: A playful take on the classic “Pin the Tail on the Donkey.” Blindfolded participants try to place the ‘Microbot’ sticker on Baymax’s body.
Big Hero 6 Party Favors
- DIY Superhero Masks: Hand out DIY superhero masks made during the party. Kids can take these home as a reminder of their heroic day.
- Big Hero 6 Stickers: Get stickers featuring the movie’s characters to give out as party favors. Kids love decorating their belongings with their favorite heroes!
- Microbot Building Kits: Provide small kits with craft supplies for kids to make their own ‘Microbots’ at home. Include instructions and materials to spark their creativity.
- Baymax Plushies: If the budget allows, Baymax plush toys make fantastic party favors. Kids will love cuddling up with their very own healthcare companion.
- Heroic DIY Bracelets: Provide kits with beads, strings, and charms themed around the Big Hero 6 characters. Kids can create their own superhero bracelets to take home.
- Baymax Keychains: Craft simple Baymax keychains using white polymer clay. Let them air dry, then attach key rings. It’s a practical and adorable keepsake.
- Mini Superhero Figures: Purchase small action figures or mini figurines featuring characters from the movie. These can be easily found online or in toy stores.
- Personalized Hero Capes: Prepare mini superhero capes with each child’s initial or a Big Hero 6 emblem. Use fabric, felt, or even colored paper for a quick DIY favor.
- Microbot Building Blocks: Offer small sets of building blocks in vibrant colors, allowing kids to construct their own ‘Microbots’ at home.
Party Foods and Drinks
- Baymax Rice Balls: Craft rice balls shaped like Baymax’s head using sushi rice and nori. Add cute expressions using edible markers for an adorable and delicious treat.
- Honey Lemon’s Colorful Treats: Prepare a candy station with various colored candies and sweets inspired by Honey Lemon’s chemistry experiments in the movie.
- Fred’s Snack Bar: Set up a ‘Snack Bar’ with Fred’s favorite snacks, from gummy bears to potato chips. Let the kids grab their snacks in superhero style!
- Big Hero 6 Cupcakes: Bake cupcakes and decorate them with edible images of the Big Hero 6 characters. You can find edible cake toppers like these Big Hero 6 cupcake toppers on Amazon.
- San Fransokyo Smoothies: Create fruit smoothies with various colored fruits representing different characters. Add a label for each smoothie, such as “Hiro’s Blueberry Blast” or “Go-Go’s Strawberry Sensation.”
Hosting a Big Hero 6 birthday party is all about bringing the futuristic, action-packed world of San Fransokyo to life. From transforming your space to fun activities and themed treats, this guide will help you create a memorable and thrilling celebration that’ll make every guest feel like a true superhero!